1. Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM:
* 10-2 With English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually from any recognized board
* Candidates arc also eligible from State Open School recogmzed by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government, However Science is preferable.
* 10+2 With English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
* 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized C BSE board/Statc/Centre.
* Registered ANM With pass mark.
For Foreign Nationals
The entry qualification equivalency i.e., 12th standard will he obtained by Association of India Universities, New Delhi. Institution, State Nursing Council will bc responsible to ensure that the qualification and eligibility will be equivalent to what has been prescribed as above.
2. Reservation: a) For disabled candidates: 3% Disability reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age of qualification will be same as prescribed for each nursing programme.
Note: A committee to be forrned consisting ofmedical omcer authorized by medical board of state government and a nursing expert in the panel which may decide whether the candidates have the disability of locomotor of40% to 50%.
b) 5% of total marks is relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
c) Any other reservation as per the State Govt.
Note: Reservation shall be applicable within the sanctioned number of the seats by INC and not abOve It.
3. Admission of students shall be once in a year.
4. Students shall be medically fit.
5. Minimum age for admission will be 17 years.(as on 31st December of that year) The upper age limit is 35 years. For ANM/for LHV. there is no age bar.
6. Male candidates can also apply tor the course of GNM ( the numbers of intake depend on the institution policy)
Admission/lntake of candidates shall be as per sanctioned strength permitted by Indian Nursing Council.
As per the order of Hon'ble Supreme Court RAGGING is strictly prohibited within and outside the institution.
It has been intimated to all the Nursing / Paramedical Colleges through a previous letter from U .P. State Medical Faculty office and for events related to ragging within or outside the campus.
Principal, administration / management will be held responsible.
Institutions / Centers affiliated to U .P. State Medical Faculty must ensure at the time of enrollment that name of student who were found involved in act of ragging should not be enrolled / admitted in any other program of U.P. State Medical Faculty.
Phrases like "Ragging is banned" "Ragging is social evil". "Ragging in premises is illegal" or anti-ragging information must be mentioned in advertisement for admission.
Anti-ragging information must be displayed at least at four or more places specially where it is maximum visible to students.
Incidents related to ragging must be immediately brought to the notice of faculty.
Affidavit must be obtained and kept at a definite place so that faculty can view it at the time ofinspection.
Information regarding formation of Anti-Ragging Committee/squads must be provided to UT. State Medical Faculty.
Action as said must be taken and also such incidents must bc prevented from happening.
Principal or known person must take special class for newly admitted students and must provide appropriate information.
Safety / Security ofnew students in hostel must be ensured.
Institute must provide ID. Card to all students.
Students not related to the institution must be prohibited within the campus premises.
Responsible senior students must be organized in teams to prevent ragging activities.
Follow-up of these must be ensured. Suggestion / grievance box must be placed at places where they can be used by students without hindrance.
Smoking and drugs must be completely prohibited and boards for the same must be displayed at various places.